Tips To Use A Pole Saw
If you have bought an affordable pole saw for tree trimming and planning to do it on your own for the first time then better go through the list of cautions mentioned below which can prevent any mishap and at the same time your job will be done smoothly.
- Pole saws can be used on tree limbs that can be few inches thick but as you go on trimming the tree and try to use the pole saw on the thicker wood, it becomes more dangerous.Also, the whole process will be very slow and as a result it will be very exhausting to cut through the wood.
- Do not try to fell branches overhead because you are not a professional and hence you will not have much knowledge on the techniques to reduce weight before the final cut is made using the pole tools.
- Do remember that the pole saws which come with extensions for getting more than 8 feet above can be very heavy to handle and at the same time you might feel it to be very tiring.
- Do not work on branches or any part of the tree that is either near or above the power line. This can keep you safe from any mishap.
- Before you start with trimming of the tree, get the work area below the branch cleared. Also, do not let people enter that area since they can get hurt when the branch falls.
- You need to do proper planning of where you will be cutting.Do not forget that even for removing a single branch it needs several preliminary and jump cuts before the final cut is made.It is better to make cuts at surfaces which are almost horizontal of the vine or branch if possible.
- For most of the cuts, you should start the blade from the upper part of the branch.