Cleaning the house can be fun for some while the others tend to put it off till there’s no choice left but to clean. A clean, uncluttered, and organized house becomes a cosy home and this can take time. It does not happen overnight and one needs to be consistent and regular about the cleaning routine. How to keep your home clean and tidy all the time? Plan, de-clutter, organize and streamline your cleaning routine- these are the major steps that can get your cleaning together without you being overwhelmed by the whole process.
Here are our top house cleaning tips for you:
- Ensure that every item in your house has a place. For example, if it is stationary, keep a stationary box and put all related items into that box. Ensure that after you use an item, it is restored back to its original place of storage.
- Make your bed everyday. Try to keep the bedding simple and easy to clean. A neatly made bed makes the room look a lot cleaner and organized.
- When you want to declutter and organize, tackle a single area like a kitchen cupboard, or one wardrobe at a time. This makes the cleaning more fun and gives scope for better organization.
- Dust, clean and mop your house regularly as per a routine fixed schedule. This makes the cleaning less daunting. When you want to clean, ensure that you tackle only one fixed space at any given time. Don’t burden yourself with too many things at a time. You may not even do half of what you set out to accomplish.
- Clean and wipe your kitchen counters and computer desks regularly. Do the dirty dishes every time you finish cooking/ eating.Sort out and organize your mails regularly. These tasks save a lot of time and energy when done regularly.
- Plan your cooking and cleaning activities regularly and stick to a simple routine. This will go a long way in ensuring that your house looks tidy and sparkling clean all the time.